National Identification System
Witnesses testified about whether the U.S. should have a national identification system for citizens, including i.d. cards. Topics they discussed included current legislation, bio-identification, civil liberties, and problems of forgery.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Katie Corrigan Counsel American Civil Liberties Union->Privacy
- Newt Gingrich Senior Fellow American Enterprise Institute
- Roy Goodman Chairman New York State Assembly->Investigations Cmte.
- Tim Hoechst Senior Vice President Oracle Corporation->Technology
- Bill McCollum Jr. U.S. Representative (Former) [R] Florida
- Ben Shneiderman Professor University of Maryland, College Park->Computer Science
- Alan K. Simpson U.S. Senator (Former) [R] Wyoming
- Jonathan Turley Professor George Washington University Law School->Public Interest Law
- Rudi Veestraeten Consul Belgian Embassy
- Stephen "Steve" Horn U.S. Representative [R] California
Prosecution of Terrorists
Panel members discussed human rights, anti-terrorism efforts and the possible use of military tribunals in the war on…
Electronic Surveillance in Washington, DC
Witnesses testified about efforts to create America’s largest network of surveillance cameras in the District of…
Torturers Safe Haven Report
Participants spoke to reporters about a recent report indicating that many criminals accused of torture were living…
Drivers License Safety Issues
Witnesses testified about how states issue drivers licenses and new efforts to curtail issuing them to…