Amtrak Restructuring Options
Council members talked about the future of the national rail system and about reforms and restructuring to achieve self-sufficiency for Amtrak.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Gilbert Carmichael Chairman Amtrak Reform Council
- Nancy Rutledge Connery Member Amtrak Reform Council
- James Coston Member Amtrak Reform Council
- Wendell Cox Member (Former) Amtrak Reform Council
- Christopher Gleason Member Amtrak Reform Council
- Michael Mates Senior Analyst Amtrak Reform Council->Finance
- Charles Moneypenny Member Amtrak Reform Council
- John Norquist Mayor [D] Milwaukee
- Mary Phillips Analyst Amtrak Reform Council->Transportation
- Thomas Till Executive Director Amtrak Reform Council
Restructuring Amtrak Rail Service
Council members reviewed three proposed plans for restructuring Amtrak, the passenger rail service. Amtrak will be…
Restructuring of Amtrak
In a news conference, council members announced their report and offered recommendations about Amtrak restructuring,…
Council members testified about the financial solvency of Amtrak, the company’s ability to meet federally…
Amtrak and High Speed Rail Financial Status
Witnesses testified about the future of Amtrak and the financial solvency of passenger rail travel.