Lincoln Memorial Olympic Torch Event
As the Olympic torch traveled through the U.S., passed from runner to runner on the way to Salt Lake City for the 2002 Winter Games, it was used to light a cauldron at the Lincoln Memorial.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Gale A. Norton Secretary Department of the Interior
- W. "Mitt" Mitt Romney President and CEO Salt Lake Organizing Committee for the Winter Games
- Tim Russert Moderator NBC->"Meet the Press"
- John W. Warner U.S. Senator [R] Virginia
- Anthony A. Williams Mayor District of Columbia
Washington Monument Reopening
Participants reopened the Washington Monument to public tours after several years of renovation.
Winter Olympics Security
Participants spoke to reporters about increaded security measures to be implemented at the Winter Olympic Games to be…
Threat Advisory System Announcement
Director Ridge announced a new color-coded threat advisory system designed to standardize responses to national threats…
Martin Luther King Memorial Dedication
The site for the future Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial was dedicated. Many dignitaries spoke about…