Open Phones and Reaction Interviews
Following the president’s first State of the Union address members of Congress reacted to his speech and telephone lines were open for viewer questions and comment.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Clarence "Saxby" Chambliss U.S. Representative [R] Georgia
- Steny H. Hoyer U.S. Representative [D] Maryland
- Edward "Ted" M. Kennedy U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- James Nussle U.S. Representative [R] Iowa
- Charles B. Rangel U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Nick Smith U.S. Representative [R] Michigan
- Susan Swain Executive Vice President C-SPAN
Hosting OrganizationMore Hosting Organizations
More Videos From
State of the Union AddressMore Videos
2002 State of the Union
In his first official State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress President Bush talked about the dangers…
Open Phones: State of the Union Address
Telephone lines were open for viewer reaction to the president’s State of the Union address.