Council members testified about the financial solvency of Amtrak, the company’s ability to meet federally mandated deadlines for self-sufficiency, and potential future curtailment of rail service in various parts of the country.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Gilbert Carmichael Chairman Amtrak Reform Council
- Nancy Rutledge Connery Member Amtrak Reform Council
- James Coston Member Amtrak Reform Council
- Wendell Cox Member (Former) Amtrak Reform Council
- Michael Mates Senior Analyst Amtrak Reform Council->Finance
- Charles Moneypenny Member Amtrak Reform Council
- Thomas Till Executive Director Amtrak Reform Council
- Jack Quinn U.S. Representative [R] New York
Restructuring Amtrak Rail Service
Council members reviewed three proposed plans for restructuring Amtrak, the passenger rail service. Amtrak will be…
Amtrak Restructuring Options
Council members talked about the future of the national rail system and about reforms and restructuring to achieve…
Restructuring of Amtrak
In a news conference, council members announced their report and offered recommendations about Amtrak restructuring,…
Amtrak and High Speed Rail Financial Status
Witnesses testified about the future of Amtrak and the financial solvency of passenger rail travel.