Emergency First Responders
Witnesses testified about President Bush’s First Responder Initiative, which seeks to better prepare local police, firefighters and… read more
Witnesses testified about President Bush’s First Responder Initiative, which seeks to better prepare local police, firefighters and emergency medical personnel to respond to terrorist attacks. Topics included the costs of the initiative and the need for a national central agency for communication purposes. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Joe M. Allbaugh Director Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Woodbury Fogg Engineer National Emergency Management Assn.
- Mike O'Neil Chief South Burlington, VT->Fire Department
- Ed Wilson Chief Portland, OR->Fire Department
- Kenneth Zirkle President University of Findlay
- James Jeffords U.S. Senator [I] Vermont
Emergency Response to Terrorist Attacks
Witnesses testified about the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s response to the September 11th attacks on the…
Preparation for Biological and Chemical Attacks
Witnesses testified about the coordination efforts among federal, state and local agencies in response to possible…
Threat Advisory System Announcement
Director Ridge announced a new color-coded threat advisory system designed to standardize responses to national threats…
Panelists talked about the role of FEMA in promoting county-wide and multi-county strategies for preventing terrorism.