Safety of School Lunches
Senator Durbin, chairman of the Oversight of Government Management Subcommittee, and members of the two committees heard testimony about problems of school lunch safety and methods for preventing food-borne illnesses.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- John Bode Counsel National Food Processors Association
- Lester M. Crawford Deputy Commissioner U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Rosa DeLauro U.S. Representative [D] Connecticut
- Caroline Smith DeWaal Director Center for Science in the Public Interest->Food Safety Program
- Sue Doneth President Safe Tables Our Priority
- Dick Durbin U.S. Senator [D] Illinois
- Lawrence Dyckman Director General Accounting Office->Natural Resources and Environment Issues
- Mary Klatko Representative American School Food Service Association
- Elsa Murano Undersecretary Department of Agriculture->Food Safety
- Cheryl Roberts Representative Safe Tables Our Priority
- Tyler Roberts Student
Witnesses testified about food safety and inspection. Among the issues they addressed were consolidating various…
Food Safety Regulations
Senators heard testimony about possible duplication and overlap among agencies that deal with food safety. Federal…
Witnesses testified about a shortage in childhood vaccines.
Undersecretary Murano talked about the Department of Agriculture’s plans to strengthen the safety of meat supply…