Elitism and the Publishing Industry
This forum addressed the question of whether or not publishers, booksellers, and reviewers alienate the public by projecting an image of… read more
This forum addressed the question of whether or not publishers, booksellers, and reviewers alienate the public by projecting an image of ideological elitism. Mr. Silverblatt moderated the panel and afterwards, panelists answered questions from members of the audience close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Carla Cohen Founder and Co-Owner Politics and Prose Bookstore
- Laura Miller Member National Book Critics Circle
- Karen Sandstrom Book Editor Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Michael Silverblatt Host KCRW-Radio, Santa Monica->Bookworm
- Katharine Weber Member National Book Critics Circle
National Book Critics Circle Awards
From the Tishman Auditorium at New York University Law School, Elizabeth Taylor, president of the National Book Critics…
Henry Holt and Company
Mr. Sterling talked about the business of books.
Naval Institute Press
Mr. Harnish talked about the business of books.
Publishers' Favorite New Books
Publishers talked about many new books on their lists, particularly their favorites.