Role of Small Business in Rebuilding Kuwait
The subcommittee heard testimony on the reconstruction of Kuwait’s infrastructure and environment, and the part small business might… read more
The subcommittee heard testimony on the reconstruction of Kuwait’s infrastructure and environment, and the part small business might play in the massive rebuilding effort. Initial estimates state the total cost of reconstruction of every destroyed building in Kuwait to be $100 billion to be spent over 5 years. Kuwait’s ambassador to the U.S. previously stated that countries contributing the most to the liberation of Kuwait would receive priority in the rebuilding contracts for the reconstruction. Witnesses testified on the logistics of the rebuilding of Kuwait and how American small businesses might participate. Mr. Al-Sutan described the types of industries requiring rebuilding that American small businesses could participate in. Mr. Becker described programs designed to connect small businesses with projects in Kuwait. close
People in this video
- Fawzi Hamad al-Sultan Executive Director World Bank
- Bill Becker Counsel Small Business Administration
- Thomas Duesterberg Assistant Secretary Department of Commerce
- Clark Fisher Representative U.S. Overseas Private Investment Corp.
- Lawrence Framme Secretary Virginia->Economic Development
- Howard Hills Vice President U.S. Overseas Private Investment Corp.
- Michael Owen Deputy Assistant Secretary U.S. Army->Logistics
- Arthur Pilzer Vice President Export-Import Bank of the U.S.
- James Ray Director Army Corps of Engineers->Military Programs
Congressional Trip to Kuwait
Sen. D’Amato, member of the Senate Select Intelligence Committee, held a news conference in the U.S. Capitol…
State Department News Briefing
Ms. Tutwiler spoke to reporters in the State Department on recent developments in the Middle East. Her…
Whither American Diplomacy?
The panelists discussed the recent trip of Secretary Baker to negotiate for a new, more peaceful order in the Middle…
A Time of Joy, But Not a Time of Celebration
The Ambassador called the cease-fire and imminent conclusion of the Persian Gulf war “a time of joy, but…