Witnesses testified about research into the causes of and cures for cancer, federal funding of scientific research, future needs in combating various forms of cancer, and their personal experiences with cancer patients.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Herberman, Ronald B. M.D. Director University of Pittsburgh->Cancer Institute
- Huerta, Elmer M.D. Director Washington Hospital Center->Cancer Preventorium
- Novis, Susie President International Myeloma Foundation
- Thompson, Tommy Secretary Wisconsin
- Harkin, Thomas "Tom" U.S. Senator [D] Iowa
Witnesses testified about funding for research into the cause and cure for Parkinson’s Disease. Among the…
Stem Cell Research
Witnesses testified about the use of embryonic stem cells in conducting medical research. At issue was the ethical…
Blood Cancer Research
Witnesses testified about the status of research on blood cancers. Ms. Ferraro, a former Republican vice…
Breast Cancer Issues
Witnesses testified about medical research, prevention and treatment of breast cancer. They also talked about…