Washington Journal was aired live from the set of PBS' News Hour with Jim Lehrer. Telephone lines were opened for audience comments.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Kwame Holman Correspondent PBS->Newshour with Jim Lehrer
- Gwen Ifill Moderator PBS->Washington Week in Review
- Jim Lehrer Anchor PBS->Newshour with Jim Lehrer
- Ray Suarez Senior Correspondent PBS->Newshour with Jim Lehrer
- Margaret Warner Correspondent PBS->Newshour with Jim Lehrer
- Brian Lamb Host C-SPAN
Public Affairs and Public Broadcasting
Mr. Greenfield moderated a panel discussion on public broadcasting. Among the issues they addressed were the…
Book Discussion on Ted Turner: It Ain't As Easy As It Looks
Mr. Bibb, author of Ted Turner: It Ain’t as Easy as it Looks, participated by satellite connection from New…
The guests discussed news of the day and their new MSNBC show that debuts Monday, July 15. They responded to audience…
Mr. McConnell talked about the Federal Communications Commission’s ruling requiring television manufacturers…