Lewis and Clark Expedition Bicentennial
The first lady hosted an event commemorating the bicentennial of the Lewis and Clark expedition. The group was called the Corps of… read more
The first lady hosted an event commemorating the bicentennial of the Lewis and Clark expedition. The group was called the Corps of Discovery and it traveled through the Northwest Territories to the Pacific Ocean and back again. The many Native Americans who helped the explorers along the way were also commemorated.
Clips were shown from an Imax film produced in tribute to the Lewis and Clark expedition.
Mrs. Bush helped unveil a portrait of Meriwether Lewis loaned to the White House by the Missouri Historical Society. close
People in this video
- Robert R. Archibald President State Historical Society of Missouri
- George W. Bush U.S. President [R] United States
- Laura Bush First Lady United States
- Daniel DuBray Representative Department of the Interior
- Daniel P. Jordan President and CEO Thomas Jefferson Foundation
- Gary E. Moulton Professor University of Nebraska, Lincoln->American History
- Samuel Penney Chairman Nez Perce Tribe->Executive Committee
Early Learning Programs
President Bush spoke to teachers and young children at a PBS “ready to learn” gathering in the East Room of…
Child Abuse Prevention Program Bill Signing
President and Mrs. Bush made remarks at a formal signing ceremony for the Child Abuse Prevention Act.
Afghan Women's Freedom Act
Backed by women’s rights advocates, President Bush signed legislation to provide education and health care to…
Children's Christmas Holiday Story
As part of the White House holiday activities, President and Mrs. Bush read to a group of school children.