Medal of Freedom Award Ceremony
American Perspectives featured the Presidential Medal of Freedom ceremony. President Bush presented the nation’s highest… read more
American Perspectives featured the Presidential Medal of Freedom ceremony. President Bush presented the nation’s highest civilian honor to 12 recipients. Former South African President Nelson Mandela and opera singer Placido Domingo were unable to be present and were represented by their children. Lally Weymouth accepted the posthumous award for her mother, the late publisher of the Washington Post Katharine Graham. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Cosby, Bill Entertainer
- Drucker, Peter
- Henderson, D.A. Coordinator National Institutes of Health->AIDS Program
- Kristol, Irving Fellow American Enterprise Institute
- Moore, Gordon Chairman Emeritus Intel Corporation
- Reagan, Nancy First Lady (Former) United States
- Rogers, Fred Television Personality Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood
- Rosenthal, A.M. Columnist (Former) New York Times
- Weymouth, Lally Graham Special Correspondent Newsweek->Diplomacy
Presidential Holiday Address
In his Christmas radio address President Bush praised the work of U.S. troops stationed abroad.
Presidential Radio Address
In his weekly radio address, President Bush reviewed the events of 2001.
Children's Christmas Holiday Story
As part of the White House holiday activities, President and Mrs. Bush read to a group of school children.