Witnesses testified about transportation safety and the trucking industry. Among the topics they addressed were driver fatigue, truck size, Southern border crossing, and hazardous material transportation.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Joseph Clapp Administrator Department of Transportation->Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Jacqueline S. Gillan Vice President Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety
- Matthew Hodapp President Minnesota State Patrol Troopers Association
- Timothy P. Lynch President and CEO Motor Freight Carriers Assn.
- James "Jim" McGovern U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- Eugene Ofstead Member Transportation Research Board
- Todd Spencer Executive Vice President Owner Operator Independent Drivers Assn.
- Paul Sullivan Member Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance
- Barbra Windsor Chief Executive Officer Hahn Transportation
- Shelley Berkley U.S. Representative [D] Nevada
- Robert "Bob" Borski U.S. Representative [D] Pennsylvania
- Shelley Moore Capito U.S. Representative [R] West Virginia
- Howard Coble U.S. Representative [R] North Carolina
- John James Duncan Jr. U.S. Representative [R] Tennessee
- Mike Honda U.S. Representative [D] California
- John Mica U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- James L. Oberstar U.S. Representative [D] Minnesota
- William "Bill" J. Pascrell Jr. U.S. Representative [D] New Jersey
- Thomas "Tom" Petri U.S. Representative [R] Wisconsin
- Michael "Mike" Rogers U.S. Representative [R] Michigan
- William "Bill" Shuster U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
Mr. Clapp talked about the administration’s goal in reducing the number of fatalities involving…
Residential Moving Industry Oversight
Witnesses testified about the U.S. Transportation Department and its effectiveness in keeping unsafe bus drivers off…
Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository
Members spoke to reporters about their opposition to storing nuclear waste material at a location under Yucca Mountain…