Report to the President on Human Cloning
Mr. Kass presented and summarized some of the debate found in the council’s report on human cloning. Among the issues that… read more
Mr. Kass presented and summarized some of the debate found in the council’s report on human cloning. Among the issues that the report examined were reproductive and therapeutic cloning, ethical issues involved in medical uses of human cloning, the pace of research or potential research in the field, and the variety of viewpoints on the various aspects of human cloning. Following his summary, experts from various fields discussed the report.
This was the first part of a day-long meeting to examine the report. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Rebecca Dresser Professor Washington University in St. Louis->Ethics
- Michael S. Gazzaniga Director Dartmouth College->Cognitive Neuroscience Center
- Alfanso Gomez-Lobo Professor Georgetown University->Philosophy Department
- Leon R. Kass M.D. Chair President's Council on Bioethics
- Charles Krauthammer Syndicated Columnist
- Paul R. McHugh Chief Psychiatrist Johns Hopkins Medical Ctr.
- Gilbert Meilaender Professor Valparaiso University->Christian Ethics
- Janet Rowley Professor University of Chicago->Biology and Genetics
- Michael J. Sandel Professor Harvard University->Kennedy (J.F.) School of Government
More Videos From
Report to the President on Human CloningMore Videos
Patenting Human Organs
Council members talked about human cloning and bio ethics, concentrating on the ethical questions surrounding granting…
Genetic Enhancement in Sports
As part of a day-long conference on bioethics and human cloning, Doctor Friedman talked to council members about…
Human Cloning Report
Participants talked about a report issued by the President’s Council on Bioethics. Among the topics they…
Mr. Kass talked about his role in advising President Bush on cloning and stem cell research. The new…