State of the Union Address Reaction
Members of Congress and viewers expressed their views after President Reagan’s State of the Union address. Representatives David… read more
Members of Congress and viewers expressed their views after President Reagan’s State of the Union address.
Representatives David Bonior (D-MI) and Jerry Lewis (R-CA) joined in a discussion in the studio and responded to viewer calls.
Members of Congress were interviewed in Statuary Hall. Senators spoke from the Senate studio and responded to viewer calls.
Some video clips from the address were shown. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Dante B. Fascell U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Wendell H. Ford U.S. Senator [D] Kentucky
- Richard A. Gephardt U.S. Representative [D] Missouri
- Albert "Al" Gore Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Tennessee
- Gordon J. Humphrey U.S. Senator [R] New Hampshire
- Nancy Johnson U.S. Representative [R] Connecticut
- Jack French Kemp U.S. Representative [R] New York
- Jerry Lewis U.S. Representative [R] California
- John S. McCain III U.S. Senator [R] Arizona
- Robert H. Michel U.S. Representative [R] Illinois
- Leon E. Panetta U.S. Representative [D] California
- James "Strom" Strom Thurmond U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina
- Carl Rutan Host C-SPAN
More Videos From
State of the Union AddressMore Videos
CR pp. H88-H240. The House, by a vote of 211 ayes to 219 noes failed to pass H.J. Res. 444, denying the…
Weapon Sales to Saudi Arabia
The House debated a resolution to prohibit the sale of missiles to Saudi Arabia.
The House agreed to H. Con. Res. 32, to express the sense of Congress that Congress must approve any…
HR 3603: A bill to promote family preservation and the prevention of foster care with emphasis on families where abuse…