Federal Drug and Alcohol Prevention Programs
Dr. Medgyesi-Mitschang presented the findings of the NIAAA Task Force on College Drinking and described continuing outreach in this… read more
Dr. Medgyesi-Mitschang presented the findings of the NIAAA Task Force on College Drinking and described continuing outreach in this area.
Mr. Denniston talked about the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy’s National Youth Anti-drug Media Campaign that specifically targets marijuana.
Dr. Robertson presented the NIDA’s National Prevention Research Initiative as an example of research merging with practice. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Amalia Cuervo Program Officer Department of Education->Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools
- Bob Denniston Official Office of Natl. Drug Control Policy
- Richard Lucey Official Department of Education->Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools
- Suzanne Medgyesi-Mitschang Researcher National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- Elizabeth Robertson Researcher National Institute on Drug Abuse
More Videos From
Federal Drug and Alcohol Prevention ProgramsMore Videos
National Programs for School Violence Prevention
The speakers described national programs and resources for students, teachers and communities to prevent school…
Science-Based Substance Abuse Prevention
The speakers talked about the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention’s resource for implementing and evaluating…
Teenage Drug Use
Officials spoke to reporters about a report on teenage drug use. The report found overall decreases in the amount…
Drug Treatment Programs
Federal drug program officials talked about the effectiveness of treatment programs. The Substance Abuse…