Sojourner Truth Crusade
Participants talked to reporters about a campaign to include Sojourner Truth in a monument to the women’s suffrage movement in the U.S. Capitol. Following their remarks they answered questions from reporters.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Martha Burk Co-Bureau Chief Sojourner Truth Crusade Committee
- Edythe Flemings Hall President NAACP->Maryland
- Patricia Hallman President League of Women Voters->Washington, DC
- Janette Hoston Harris Chair Sojourner Truth Crusade Committee
- Susan Jollie President National Women's History Museum
- Yvonne Scruggs-Leftwich Executive Director and COO Black Leadership Conference
- Eleanor Smeal President Feminist Majority Foundation
- Imogene Stewart Member African-American Women Clergy Assn.
- C. DeLores Tucker President National Polit. Congress of Black Women
Book Discussion on Growing Up X
Ms. Shabazz, daughter of the late civil rights activists Malcom X and Betty Shabazz, discussed her coming of age…
Historical Perspective on Black Leadership
Scholars, civil rights leaders and others talked about the history of civil rights and how past leaders in the black…
Women in Politics
Representatives from various women’s and research organizations talked to reporters about a poll on the voting…
Racism and Gender in the 21st Century
Panelists discussed issues relating to racism and gender in society, which was part of the National Political Congress…