Digital Audio Tape Recorders
The subcommittee heard testimony on the manufacture and distribution of audio tape recorders which do not meet technical specifications. New legislation would require that all tape recorder circuitry be made in the United States.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jason Berman President Recording Industry Assn. of America
- Leonard Feldman President Leonard Feldman Electonics Labs
- Thomas Friel Chairman Home Recording Rights Coalition
- Philip Greenspun President Isosonics Corporation
- Wayland Holyfield President AMI Music Publishing
- Kevin Kondo General Manager Honolulu Audio Video
- Edward Murphy President National Music Publishers Assn.
- Ralph Oman Register of Copyrights Library of Congress
Cable TV Consumer Protection Act
This is one in a series of hearings on the Cable TV Consumer Protection Act. Subcommittee members previously heard…
Cable TV Consumer Protection Act, Part 1
Senators Inouye and Danforth talked about the history of the subcommittee and gave background information on the issue…
Cable TV Consumer Protection Act, Part 2
Mr. Mooney and Mr. Hostetter answered questions asked by Sen. Gore about allegations of anti-competition…
Cable Telecommunications Act, Day 2 Part 2
The hearing focused on the effects of the Cable Act of 1984. Mr. Fritts talked about the monopolies in…