Wildfire Prevention and Forest Health
Witnesses testified about U.S. forest policy, recent wildfires in the West, fire prevention, and proposals to clear forest undergrowth in order to help prevent the spread of fire.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Wallace Covington Professor Northern Arizona University->Forestry
- Timothy Creal Member Forest Counties Payment Committee
- James Vear Hansen U.S. Representative [R] Utah
- Scott McInnis U.S. Representative [R] Colorado
- Gale A. Norton Secretary Department of the Interior
- Dennis "Denny" Rehberg U.S. Representative [R] Montana
- Mark Rey Undersecretary Department of Agriculture->Natural Resources and Environment
- Todd Schulke Director Center for Biological Diversity->Forest Policy
- John Shadegg U.S. Representative [R] Arizona
- Ann M. Veneman Secretary Department of Agriculture
U.S. Forest Service
Officials testified about the U.S. forest plan, including plans to combat and prevent forest fires.
Interior Department Appropriations
Secretary Norton testified about funding programs in the Department of the Interior. Among the issues she…
The officials talked about new efforts to prevent wildfires and preserve forests. Following their prepared…
Following a meeting with President Bush, Secretary Norton and Governor Bush spoke to reporters outside the White House…