Town Hall Meeting
Participants talked about the global economy and poverty, health and environmental issues, homeland security, and their impact on the African-American community. Following some introductory speeches Mr. Shaw moderated a panel discussion.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jesse Jackson Founder and President Rainbow/PUSH Coalition
- Eddie Bernice Johnson U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Barbara Lee U.S. Representative [D] California
- Donald M. Payne U.S. Representative [D] New Jersey
- Charles B. Rangel U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Bobby Rush U.S. Representative [D] Illinois
- Bernard Shaw Anchor (Former) CNN
Congressional Black Caucus Swearing-In
The ceremony opened with a prayer by Reverend Jackson and the singing of “The National Anthem” and…
Changing the House Majority
Congressional leaders and others talked about strategies for the 2002 midterm elections. Among the topics they…
Bills Introduced: 5 public bills, H.R. 5647-5651; and 3 resolutions, H.J. Res. 132 and H. Res. 671-672, were…