Anthrax: Trial by Media?
Panelists discussed the media’s role in reporting the Anthrax investigation during a segment of Columbia University’s First Amendment breakfast series. The discussed was moderated by Mr. Abrams.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Abrams, Floyd Attorney Cahill, Gordon, and Reindel->Constitutional Law
- Clawson, Pat Spokesperson Dr. Steven Hatfill
- Klatell, David Interim Dean Columbia University->Graduate School of Journalism
- Matsumoto, Gary Correspondent FOX News Network
- Shane, Scott Correspondent Baltimore Sun
- Thonis, Peter Senior Vice President Verizon Communications->Internal Communications
- Toensing, Victoria Deputy Assistant Atty. General (Former) Department of Justice->Criminal Division
Conversation with Diane Sawyer
Mr. Abrams interviewed Diane Sawyer about her career. They discussed issues of journalism related to current…
When Is Gossip Journalism?
Journalists talked about the line between gossip and journalism and whether or not mainstream media are blurring the…
Howell Raines Interview
Mr. Abrams interviewed Mr. Raines about coverage of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S.,…
Unacknowledged Legislators: Lukas Prize Panel
The annual J. Anthony Lukas Book Prizes for narrative nonfiction were presented. The winners then participated in…