Anthrax: Trial by Media?
Panelists discussed the media’s role in reporting the Anthrax investigation during a segment of Columbia University’s First Amendment breakfast series. The discussed was moderated by Mr. Abrams.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Floyd Abrams Attorney Cahill, Gordon, and Reindel->Constitutional Law
- Pat Clawson Spokesperson Dr. Steven Hatfill
- David Klatell Interim Dean Columbia University->Graduate School of Journalism
- Gary Matsumoto Correspondent FOX News Network
- Scott Shane Correspondent Baltimore Sun
- Peter Thonis Senior Vice President Verizon Communications->Internal Communications
- Victoria Toensing Deputy Assistant Atty. General (Former) Department of Justice->Criminal Division
Conversation with Diane Sawyer
Mr. Abrams interviewed Diane Sawyer about her career. They discussed issues of journalism related to current…
When Is Gossip Journalism?
Journalists talked about the line between gossip and journalism and whether or not mainstream media are blurring the…
The Future of Network Television
Mr. Wright spoke about his perspectives on the future of network television. He talked about changes in the…
Howell Raines Interview
Mr. Abrams interviewed Mr. Raines about coverage of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S.,…