Flu Season Vaccinations
The officials talked about the outlook for the upcoming flu season, including who should be vaccinated, when vaccinations should be given, and how much vaccine will be available. They also responded to questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- John Abramson M.D. Chair American Academy of Pediatrics->Committee on Infectious Diseases
- Richard H. Carmona M.D. Surgeon General Department of Health and Human Services
- David Neuman Associate Director National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
- Walter Orenstein Director Centers for Disease Control and Prevention->Immunization
- William Schaffner M.D. Chair Vanderbilt University->Preventive Medicine
- Sean Tunis Official Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services->Office of Clinical Standards and Quality
Developments in Adult Immunization
Participants talked about the launch of National Immunization of Adults Awareness Week. They encouraged adults…
Witnesses testified about a shortage in childhood vaccines.
Officials talked about the upcoming flu season, focusing on the threats posed by influenza and pneumococcal…
Prescription Drug Importation, Part 3
The Department of Health and Human Services' Task Force on Drug Importation hosted a public meeting focusing on drug…