Productivity and Jobs
Participants talked about trends in productivity growth, its impact on employment rates, and the overall effect on the economy. Following their remarks they answered questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Martin Neil Baily Senior Fellow Institute for International Economics
- Jared Bernstein Senior Economist Economic Policy Institute
- Dick Davidson Chairman and CEO Union Pacific Corporation
- Marilyn Carlson Nelson Chairman and CEO Carlson Companies, Inc.
- Edmund Phelps Professor Columbia University->Economics
- Ben J. Wattenberg Senior Fellow American Enterprise Institute
More Videos From
Conference on Productivity and the American EconomyMore Videos
Impact of Productivity on the Economy
Mr. Greenspan talked about the role of productivity in the U.S. economy. Among the topics he addressed were…
State of the Union Preview
Scholars talked about issues expected to be covered in the president’s State of the Union address, scheduled for…
Republican leaders talked to reporters about economic stimulus proposals to create jobs and lower taxes. Following…
Tax Policy and Worker Productivity
Participants talked about the impact of recent tax cuts on worker productivity. Among the issues they addressed…