2002 Election Results
Labor leaders spoke about the results of the 2002 midterm elections, labor’s impact on the elections, and what the result could mean for the labor movement. Following their remarks they answered questions from reporters in the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Linda Chavez-Thompson Executive Vice President AFL-CIO
- Geoffrey Garin President Peter D. Hart Research Associates
- Gerald W. McEntee President American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees
- Steve Rosenthal Director AFL-CIO->Politics
- John L. Sweeney President AFL-CIO
Post Election News Conference
Union leaders and pollsters discussed the results of the midterm election. They noted that union members voted in…
Post-Election News Conference
Proposition 226 News Conference
Panel members talked about the results of the California vote on Proposition 226, which would have required Unions to…
AFL-CIO Political Strategies
Delegates from 78 unions met to discuss the status of the labor movement. They discussed various items, including…