African-American Voter Participation
Participants talked about levels of voter turn out in the 2002 midterm elections among the African-American community and the impact that black votes had on election results. They also answered questions from the audience.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Faye Anderson Founder Politicallyblack.com
- Barbara R. Arnwine President and Executive Director Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Melanie L. Campbell Executive Director and CEO National Coalition on Black Civic Participation
- Kirk Clay Co-Bureau Chief Black Youth Vote
- George E. Curry Official American Society of Magazine Editors
- Felicia Davis Executive Director Benjamin Mays Educational Res. Center
- Jesse Jackson Founder and President Rainbow/PUSH Coalition
- Delisa Saunders Deputy Director People for the American Way->Field Operations
- Yvonne Scruggs-Leftwich Executive Director and COO Black Leadership Conference
- Ronald W. Walters Director University of Maryland, College Park->African American Leadership Inst.
Blacks and the 2004 Election
Black leaders and representatives of get-out-the-vote organizations discussed black voters and the 2004…
Voter Unity Campaign Launch
Officials held a news conference to talk about the Unity '04 Campaign. The campaign was designed to be a voter…
Voting Rights Act
Participants talked about the history and legacy of the 1964 Voting Rights Act, race relations in the U.S., the impact…
Extension of the Voting Rights Act
Moderated by Professor Walters, panel members discussed the importance of extending the Voting Rights Act of 1965, some…