Centennial of Flight
Participants spoke about the importance of aviation and recognized pioneers of aviation at a ceremony to launce a national celebration marking the centennial of flight.
Mr. Daily chaired the commission responsible for the celebration.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Marion C. Blakey Administrator Federal Aviation Administration
- Ralph Coppola Executive Director Space Day Foundation
- John "Jack" R. Dailey Director Smithsonian Institution->National Air and Space Museum
- Paul Dordal Organizer Festival of Flight
- Edsel Ford II Vice President Ford Motor Company
- John Glenn Jr. U.S. Senator (Former) [D] Ohio
- Mike Haley Member First Flight Centennial Foundation
- Michael Jackson Deputy Secretary Department of Transportation
- Peter Jakob Curator National Air and Space Museum
- Amanda Wright Lane Descendant
- Erik Lindbergh Grandchild CHARLES AUGUST LINDBERGH
- Greg Martin Assistant Administrator Federal Aviation Administration->Public Affairs
- Sean O'Keefe Administrator NASA
- Merrie Scott Member American Inst. of Aeronautics and Astro.
- Jim Shepherd Lieutenant Colonel U.S. Air Force
- Tony Springer Official NASA
- Joshua Stoff Representative Rockefeller Center
- Brad Tillson Commissioner U.S. Centennial of Flight Commission
- John Travolta Actor
Future of U.S. Aerospace Industry
Commission members spoke about challenges facing the U.S. aerospace industry and potential responses. Among the…
Mr. Mead and Ms. Blakey testified about reauthorizing Federal Aviation Administration programs. Among…
FAA Administrator Confirmation Hearing
Ms. Blakey testified about her nomination as Federal Aviation Administration Administrator and her qualifications…
Terrorism: The New Aviation Threat
During a day-long forum on aviation safety and terrorism, participants made opening remarks and a panel of reporters…