The panelists talked about President Bush’s faith-based initiatives. They responded to questions from the moderator and the audience. Mr. Milewski moderated the panel.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Charles C. Haynes Senior Scholar Freedom Forum->First Amendment Center
- Barry W. Lynn Executive Director Americans United for Separation of Church and State
- John Milewski Host Close Up Foundation
- Eugene Rivers Co-Bureau Chief National TenPoint Leadership Foundation
- H. "Jim" James Towey Director White House->Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives
First Amendment and the Schools
The guests discussed the First Amendment issues of religion in public schools. They answered questions from the…
First Amendment Schools
Mr. Haynes and representatives of two schools in the First Amendment School project, sponsored by the First…
Religion and Politics
The panelists examined the issue of politics and religion, including the use of religious language by the Republican…
Free Speech and Cross Burning
The panelists talked about whether or not cross-burning was protected free speech under the U.S. Constitution. The…