Airline Bankruptcy and Employee Pensions
Witnesses testified about the financial state of the airline industry and fears that employee pension funds would be adversely affected by several airline bankruptcy announcements.
People in this video
- Harkin, Thomas "Tom" U.S. Senator [D] Iowa
- Kandarian, Steve Executive Director Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp.
- Keightley, James General Counsel Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp.
- Kilberg, William Attorney
- Pollock, Bill Chairman Air Line Pilots Association, International->Master Executive Council
- Roddey, Jim Chief Executive Officer Allegheny County, PA
- Siegel, David President and CEO U.S. Airways
- Specter, Arlen U.S. Senator [R] Pennsylvania
- Woerth, Duane President Air Line Pilots Association, International
Smallpox Vaccination Plan
Public health officials testified about implementing a national smallpox vaccination plan and contingencies for…
Union Financial Reporting
Witnesses testified regarding financial reporting and disclosure rules for labor unions. Supporters of new rules…
Proposed Rule on Overtime Pay
Witnesses testified regarding proposed changes to overtime regulations. Supporters of new regulations argued that…
Mine Safety and Health
Witnesses testified regarding proposed new mine safety regulations on coal dust. There was disagreement about…