Witnesses testified about aviation security, focusing on the efforts of the Department of Transportation to comply with new aviation and… read more
Witnesses testified about aviation security, focusing on the efforts of the Department of Transportation to comply with new aviation and transportation security laws.
The final approximately twenty minutes of this program are missing because the program never aired in its entirety. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Charles Barclay President American Association of Airport Executives
- Edward Bolen President General Aviation Manufacturers Assn.
- James M. Loy Director (Acting) Department of Transportation->Security
- James C. May President and CEO Air Transport Assn. of America
- Kenneth M. Mead Inspector General Department of Transportation
- Byron L. Dorgan U.S. Senator [D] North Dakota
- Ernest "Fritz" F. Hollings U.S. Senator [D] South Carolina
- Kay Bailey Hutchison U.S. Senator [R] Texas
- Trent Lott U.S. Senator [R] Mississippi
- John S. McCain III U.S. Senator [R] Arizona
- Gordon H. Smith U.S. Senator [R] Oregon
- Ron Wyden U.S. Senator [D] Oregon
Senators spoke to reporters about recent announcements by administration officials that mandated changes in airline…
Terrorist Attack Commission Hearing: Civil Aviation
Officials testified about aviation security and changes in civil aviation policies and procedures following September…
Media Ownership Issues
Following a vote by the Federal Communications Commission to ease regulations on the number of media outlets that a…
Airport executives talked to reporters about Federal Aviation Administration reauthorization and opposition by labor…