Should Human Cloning be Banned?
The topic of the 14th College of Communication “Great Debate” was “Should Human Cloning be Banned?” Following the… read more
The topic of the 14th College of Communication “Great Debate” was “Should Human Cloning be Banned?”
Following the formal presentations of arguments for and against the proposition, participants responded to questions from the audience.
The moderator Professor Zelnick granted a small margin to the advocates of a ban on cloning.
Professor Lee is an adviser to President Bush on his Council on Bioethics. close
People in this video
- Patrick Lee Professor Franciscan University of Steubenville->Philosophy
- Judy Norsigian Executive Director Our Bodies, Ourselves
- John Robertson Professor University of Texas at Austin->Law
- Lee Silver Professor Princeton University
- Katie Smith Student Boston University->Communication
- Melissa Troiano Student Boston University->Communication
- Robert Zelnick Director Boston University->Journalism Department
Human Cloning Public Policy Issues
Professors talked about the ethics of human cloning for both therapeutic and reproductive reasons. Among the…
Civil Liberties Debate
Participants debated the proposition “we are sacrificing civil liberties to the war on terrorism.” Among…
Human Genome Project
Dr. Francis Collins talked about the history of federal efforts to map the human genome, interagency and private…
Should the U.S. Remove Saddam Hussein?
In a series titled “The Great Debate,” participants debated the proposition “Should the U.S. Remove…