Officials spoke about preventive health care, the benefits of exercise, and various initiatives to improve public health.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Denise Austin Member President's Council on Physical Fitness
- Richard H. Carmona M.D. Surgeon General Department of Health and Human Services
- Ron Goetzel Director Cornell University->Institute for Health and Productivity
- James S. Marks M.D. Director National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- Roderick Paige Secretary Department of Education
- Tommy Thompson Secretary Wisconsin
- Ann M. Veneman Secretary Department of Agriculture
More Videos From
Secretary Thompson spoke about initiatives for preventative health care. He talked about the expense of illness,…
New Dietary Guidlines
Secretary Thompson and Secretary Veneman spoke about new dietary guidelines to improve the nation’s public…
National Health Information Infrastructure
Secretary Thompson and other health officials talked about steps being taken to implement a national health care…