Investment Banking Practices
Witnesses testified about a $1.4 billion settlement reached between the Securities and Exchange Commission and ten of the largest brokerage… read more
Witnesses testified about a $1.4 billion settlement reached between the Securities and Exchange Commission and ten of the largest brokerage firms. Among the topics they addressed were potential conflicts of interest in the regulation of the securities industry, the future role of self-regulatory organizations, methods to regain investors' trust, and implementing specific provisions of the settlement.
At the beginning of the hearing members talked about and voted on awarding the Congressional Gold Medal to British Prime Minister Tony Blair. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Bruenn, Christine President North American Securities Administrators Assn.
- Cutler, Stephen M. Director Securities and Exchange Commission->Division of Enforcement
- Donaldson, William H. Chairman Securities and Exchange Commission
- Glauber, Robert R. Chairman and CEO National Association of Securities Dealers
- Grasso, Richard Chairman and CEO New York Stock Exchange
- Spitzer, Eliot Attorney General New York (State)
- Shelby, Richard C. U.S. Senator [R] Alabama
U.S. Financial Markets
Witnesses will testified about the condition of the U.S. financial markets following terrorist attacks in New York and…
Mutual Fund Abuses
Witnesses testified about allegations of criminal activity by mutual fund managers involving illegal trading practices…
Mutual Fund Regulation
Witnesses testified about mismanagement and potential fraud in administering mutual funds. Among the topics they…
Financial Market Structure and Development
Witnesses testified about the stability and efficiency of securities trading, recent corporate scandals and…