U.S.-France Relations Part 1
The panelists discussed U.S.-France relations after the war with Iraq, focusing on the history of Franco-American relations and perceptions… read more
The panelists discussed U.S.-France relations after the war with Iraq, focusing on the history of Franco-American relations and perceptions of the relationship. After their remarks they answered audience members' questions.
The program is missing a few minutes at the beginning.
Mr. Roger is the author of Genealogy of the French Anti-Americanism. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Eugene "E.J." Joseph Dionne Jr. Senior Fellow Brookings Institution
- Philip H. Gordon Director Brookings Institution->Center on the U.S. and France
- Walter Russell Mead Senior Fellow Council on Foreign Relations
- Philippe Roger Author
- Strobe Talbott President Brookings Institution
- Justin Vaïsse Visiting Fellow Brookings Institution->Foreign Policy Studies Program
More Videos From
U.S.-France Relations Part 2
The panelists discussed U.S.-France relations after the war with Iraq, focusing on foreign policy and strategic…
Religion and U.S. Foreign Policy
Panelists addressed the question: “What role, if any, should religion or morality play in the making of U.S.…
In advance of France’s referendum on the proposed European Constitution, which occured on May 29, the Brookings…
Democratic Agenda for Iraq
House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer talked about President Bush’s Iraq policy, including the president’s…