House and Senate leaders met in a conference to resolve differences in tax cut legislation. Several Democratic members raised questions about the process by which agreement had been reached and the lack of formal meetings on the compromise plan.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Chuck Grassley U.S. Senator [R] Iowa
- Don Nickles U.S. Senator [R] Oklahoma
- Charles B. Rangel U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Jay Rockefeller IV U.S. Senator [D] West Virginia
- William "Bill" M. Thomas U.S. Representative [R] California
Tax Cut Legislation
After the House passed the $550 billion tax cut bill, Republican leaders talked with reporters about the…
Tax Cut Extensions
House and Senate leaders announced that they had reached an agreement on tax cut legislation that would extend certain…
Tax Cut Bill
Representative Thomas spoke to reporters about an agreement reached between members of the House and Senate over…
Administration Economic Proposals
Secretary Snow testified about the state of the economy and the president’s proposals to create jobs, stimulate…