Misuse of Social Security Numbers
Witnesses testified about the use and misuse of social security numbers and proposed legislation to prevent identity theft.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Barbara D. Bovbjerg Associate Director General Accounting Office->Income Security
- Steve Edwards Vice Chair National White Collar Crime Center
- Chris Hoofnagle Deputy Counsel Electronic Privacy Information Center
- James Huse Inspector General Social Security Administration
- Ted Wern Regional Director Identity Theft Resource Center
- Clay "Eugene" E. Shaw Jr. U.S. Representative [R] Florida
Fraud and Abuse in Federal Programs
Witnesses testified about various government programs and measures to prevent fraud, waste and abuse. They also…
Social Security Appeals
Social Security Numbers Privacy
Witnesses testified about efforts to strengthen the privacy safeguards for Americans' Social Security numbers.
Misleading Mailings to Seniors
Witnesses testified about mailings that target senior citizens soliciting personal information in order to gain access…