Direct-to-Customer Prescription Drug Advertising
Witnesses testified about prescription drug advertising. Among the issues they addressed were the impact of advertising on costs and sales, providing accurate information in advertisements, and the effects of advertising on patient care.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Marjorie Powell Senior Assistant Pharmaceutical Rsrch and Mfrs of America->General Counsel
- Arnold Relman Professor Harvard University->Medical School
- Meredith Rosenthal Professor Harvard University->School of Public Health
- Janet Woodcock M.D. Official U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Larry E. Craig U.S. Senator [R] Idaho
Medicare and Prescription Drugs
Committee members talked about Medicare reform and legislation to provide greater access to prescription drugs for…
Prescription Drug Legislation
Ms. Carey talked about possible legislation to provide prescription drug benefits to senior citizens. She…
Medicare Drug Cards
Ms. Schuler talked about the new Medicare drug discount cards. She responded to viewer telephone calls,…
Senator Collins talked about prescription drug re-importation. She supported the bill then before the Senate,…