The Future of Venezuela
In describing the future of Venezuela, the speakers talked about the Hugo Chavez regime, a lack of political democracy, and the emergence… read more
In describing the future of Venezuela, the speakers talked about the Hugo Chavez regime, a lack of political democracy, and the emergence of a new pro-Castro axis in the Americas
Third panel includes an overview of the geopolitical situation in Venezuela and its implications for a free society, focusing on the presidential recall election.
Some speakers answered audience questions. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Rafael Alfonzo Delegate Venezuelan Federation of Trade and Industry
- Alex Chafuen President and CEO Atlas Economic Research Foundation
- Costantine Menges Senior Scholar Hudson Institute
- Emilio Pacheco Officer Liberty Fund, Inc.
- Beatrice Rangel Vice President Cisneros Group of Companies
- Jack Sweeney Senior Analyst STRATFOR
- John Thompson Chairman Inter-American Defense Board
- Jose Toro Hardy Director Petroleos de Venezuela
- Kenneth R. Weinstein Executive Vice President Hudson Institute->Washington Office
- Curtis Winsor Trustee Atlas Economic Research Foundation
Book Discussion on Code Name Kindred Spirit
Mr. Trulock talked about his book Code Name Kindred Spirit: Inside the Chinese Nuclear Espionage Scandal,…
Global Conference on Terrorism, Day 2
Book Discussion on The Neocon Reader
Mr. Stelzer and others talked about the book, The Neocon Reader, published by Grove Press. The book was a…
Hudson Institute Dedication
At a dedication of the headquarters building of the Hudson Institute, Mr. Card spoke about the president’s…