Communications Industry Competition
Experts talked about policy issues, the role of the Federal Communications Commission, and freeing competitive markets vs. entrenching managed competition. They also answered audience members' questions.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Kathleen Q. Abernathy Commissioner Federal Communications Commission
- Steve Berry Senior Vice President Cellular Telecommunications Industry Assn.
- Margaret Greene President U.S. Telecom Association
- Royce Holland Chairman and CEO Allegiance Telecom
- Randolph May Senior Fellow and Director Progress and Freedom Foundation->Communications Policy Studies
- Joseph W. Waz Jr. Vice President Comcast Corporation->External Affairs
More Videos From
Future of TelecommunicationsMore Videos
Communications Regulatory Issues
Joined by former Commerce Department secretary Daley, telecommunications executives talked about doing business in the…
Future of Telecommunications
Mr. Gifford interviewed FCC chairman Powell about issues and problems of the communications industry. Topics…
How the Internet is Used
The panelists discuss the relationship between the Internet and politics, describing its uses for politicians,…
Local Telephone Competition
Service providers and consumer advocates testified about the status of competition among local telephone companies and…