September 11 Digital Archive, Panel 1
The Library of Congress hosted a symposium on how historians will document and write about September 11, 2001. Mr. Ausubel spoke separately, followed by a panel of experts. After their presentations they answered audience members' questions.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jesse Ausubel Program Director Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Tim Borstelmann Professor University of Nebraska, Lincoln->Modern World History
- Stephen Brier Associate Provost City University of New York->Instructional Technology
- Diane Kresh Director Library of Congress->Preservation
- Melani McAlister Associate Professor George Washington University->American Studies Department
- Ronald W. Walters Director University of Maryland, College Park->African American Leadership Inst.
- Craig Steven Wilder Professor Dartmouth College->History Department
More Videos From
September 11 Digital Archive, Panel 1More Videos
September 11 Digital Archive, Panel 3
Participants talked about how historians and scholars would depict the events surrounding September 11, 2001 terrorist…
September 11 Digital Archive, Panel 2
Panelists discussed how historians would document the events of September 11, focusing on the role of the…
Book Discussion on A Traveler's Guide to the Civil Rights Movement
Mr. Carrier talked about his book, A Traveler’s Guide to the Civil Rights Movement, published by Harvest…
Historic Sound Recordings
Mr. Billington and other officials talked to reporters about the establishment of the National Recording…