Public Affairs Conference
Attorney General Ashcroft spoke about enforcement of the Patriot Act by the Justice Department and the process of terrorism investigations. Following his remarks Mr. Barreto spoke about Small business issues.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- John Ashcroft Attorney General Missouri
- Hector V. Barreto Administrator U.S. Small Business Administration
- Burton "Skip" M. Sack Vice Chairman National Restaurant Association
- Xavier Teixido Owner Harry's Savoy Grill
- Regynald Washington Chairman National Restaurant Association
International Drug Trafficking
The officials talked about efforts to crack down on international drug trafficking. They discussed the results of…
Small Business and Job Creation
Mr. Barreto talked about the Small Business Administration, focusing on the role of small businesses in creating…
Justice Department Operations
Attorney General Ashcroft testified about Justice Department procedures and operations. Among the topics he…
U.S. Attorneys talked about prosecuting suspected terrorists, use of the USA Patriot Act, and civil rights of the…