Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Nomination
The committee approved the nomination of former Governor Michael Leavitt (R-UT) to be Environmental Protection Agency administrator and… read more
The committee approved the nomination of former Governor Michael Leavitt (R-UT) to be Environmental Protection Agency administrator and sent their recommendation to the U.S. Senate.
The vote was postponed from a previous meeting because Democratic committee members boycotted the vote in protest of the nomination. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Hillary Rodham Clinton U.S. Senator [D] New York
- John Cornyn U.S. Senator [R] Texas
- Michael "Mike" Crapo U.S. Senator [R] Idaho
- Bob Graham U.S. Senator [D] Florida
- James M. Inhofe U.S. Senator [R] Oklahoma
- James Jeffords U.S. Senator [I] Vermont
- Harry Reid U.S. Senator [D] Nevada
- George V Voinovich U.S. Senator [R] Ohio
- Ron Wyden U.S. Senator [D] Oregon
EPA Administrator Confirmation
Governor Leavitt testified about his nomination to be Environmental Protection Agency Administrator. Among the…
Environmental Protection Agency Issues
The topic of this forum was whether or not the position of independent ombudsman at the EPA should be…
Federal Agencies and Recycling Programs
Witnesses testified about recycling programs at federal agencies and about purchasing goods made from recycled products.
EPA Confirmation Hearing
The Senate Environmental and Public Works Committee held a confirmation hearing for Environmental Protection Agency and…