Health Effects of September 11 Attacks
In a subcommittee hearing held in New York City, the first panel of witnesses testified about possible health problems caused by the… read more
In a subcommittee hearing held in New York City, the first panel of witnesses testified about possible health problems caused by the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Video clips were shown of cleanup work at the World Trade Center. They said that many illnesses were caused by toxic materials in the dust at the site.
The second panel of government officials answered questions about whether the workers should have had better protective gear, including masks.
The full name of Doctors Hebert and Levin’s program is, “Mount Sinai World Trade Center Worker and Volunteer Medical Screening Program.” close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Pat Clark Director Occupational Safety and Health Admin.->New York City Office
- Thomas "Tom" Frieden M.D. Commissioner New York, NY->Health and Mental Hygiene Dept.
- Paul Gilman Assistant Administrator Environmental Protection Agency->Research and Development
- John Graham Instructor Carpenters' Union->Health and Safety
- Robin Hebert M.D. Co-Director World Trade Center Medical Screening
- Stephen Levin M.D. Co-Director World Trade Center Medical Screening->Mount Sinai Hospital
- Phil McArdle Officer Uniformed Firefighters Association->Health and Safety
- Jerrold Nadler U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Diane Porter Deputy Director National Inst.for Occupational Safety and Health
- David Rapp Volunteer
- Michael Wieden Medical Officer New York, NY->Fire Department
- Jimmy Willis Vice Chair Transport Workers Union->Conductors
- Carolyn Maloney U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Major R. Owens U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Christopher Shays U.S. Representative [R] Connecticut
- Edolphus Towns U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Michael "Mike" R. Turner U.S. Representative [R] Ohio
Dean Campaign Rally
Governor Dean spoke to supporters about his presidential campaign. Among the topics he addressed were military…
Town Hall Meeting on Mental Health
New York 1 Television hosted a town hall meeting to discuss the impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on…
Panelists spoke on the topic “A Look Ahead to the New Congress: What to Expect, How to Stay Informed and How to…
Air Quality at Ground Zero
Witnesses testified about the potential impact on public health of the September 11 World Trade Center attacks and…