Washington Journal was devoted to the 30-hour judicial nomination debate in the Senate. Senators from the Republican “war… read more
Washington Journal was devoted to the 30-hour judicial nomination debate in the Senate. Senators from the Republican “war room,” (the Mansfield Room), the Democratic “war room,” (S-224), and in the C-SPAN studio commented on the debate that began at 6 p.m. last night. Correspondents gave updates by telephone on the ongoing debate and on the status of the federal judiciary. Between each guest appearance, telephone lines were opened for audience comments.
Mr. Gray, Ms. Aron, and Senator Sessions were interviewed in the C-SPAN studio. They responded to audience telephone calls.
Ms. Davis and Mr. Goldman reported by telephone.
Senators Schumer, McConnell, Kennedy and Corzine participated from the U.S. Capitol by remote connection and responded to audience telephone calls. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Julie Hirschfeld Davis Correspondent Baltimore Sun
- Sheldon Goldman Professor University of Massachusetts, Amherst->Political Science
- C. Boyden Gray Chairman Committee for Justice
- Edward "Ted" M. Kennedy U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- Mitch McConnell Jr. U.S. Senator [R] Kentucky
- Chuck E. Schumer U.S. Senator [D] New York
- Jeff Sessions U.S. Senator [R] Alabama
- Pedro Echevarria Host C-SPAN
- Robb Harleston Host C-SPAN
Pending Judicial Nominations
In a portion of a four-hour hearing, committee members heard testimony from Professor McConnell, a University of Utah…
Owen Nomination Hearing
Committee members debated and voted on the nomination of Judge Priscilla Owen to the Fifth Circuit Court of…