Atomic Energy Safeguard Agreement
Witnesses testified about proposals to expand and strengthen the International Atomic Energy Agency’s ability to inspect nuclear power facilities. The proposals were part of an additional protocol to the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Linton F. Brooks Administrator National Nuclear Security Administration
- Susan Burk Assistant Secretary Department of State->Non-Proliferation
- Mark Esper Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of Defense->Negotiations
- Peter Lichtenbaum Assistant Secretary Department of Commerce->Export Administration
- Richard G. Lugar U.S. Senator [R] Indiana
Nuclear Weapons Facility Security
Witnesses testified about security at nuclear weapons production facilities. Among the topics they addressed were…
Security at Nuclear Facilities
Officials testified about the safety and security of nuclear power and weapons facilities in the U.S. Among the topics…
Reducing Nuclear Threats from Russia
Witnesses testified about international efforts to reduce Russia’s stockpile of nuclear weapons. Among the…
At a conference on nuclear non-proliferation issues hosted by the Carnegie Endowment and broadcast by National Public…