Life and Work of Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Panelists examined Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s prolific career as a senator, ambassador, scholar and author. Moynihan served as a Democratic senator from New York from 1977-2001. He passed away in 2003 at the age of 76.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Eugene "E.J." Joseph Dionne Jr. Senior Fellow Brookings Institution
- Nathan Glazer Professor Harvard University->Education Department
- Stephen Hess Senior Fellow Brookings Institution->Governance Studies Program
- Susan Henshaw Jones President Museum of the City of New York
- Robert A. Katzmann Judge U.S. Court of Appeals->Second Circuit
- Carolyn Maloney U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Tim Russert Moderator NBC->"Meet the Press"
- George Will Syndicated Columnist Washington Post Writers Group
Book Discussion on Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Steven Weisman moderated a discussion about former Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan (D-NY). Mr. Weisman is the…
Catholic Politicians in the U.S.
Moderated by Mr. Russert, the panelists discussed Catholic politicians in the U.S. and whether their faith may…
Book Discussion on The Power Broker
Robert Caro talked about his book The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the Fall of New York, published by…
2008 Presidential Campaign Politics
Newt Gingrich and Mario Cuomo talked about issues facing presidential candidates in the 2008 election, moderated by Tim…