The President and the Press
Moderated by Ms. Hume in a forum called, “U.S. Presidents in Perspective: The Shifting Fortunes of Presidential… read more
Moderated by Ms. Hume in a forum called, “U.S. Presidents in Perspective: The Shifting Fortunes of Presidential Reputations,” a panel of authors and journalists discussed presidential relationships with the press. After their presentations the panelists answered audience members' questions.
The panelists were Jack Beatty, editor of POLS: Great Writers on American Politicians from Bryan to Reagan, published by PublicAffairs; Kathleen Dalton, author of Theodore Roosevelt: A Strenuous Life, published by Alfred A. Knopf; and Tom Wicker, author of George Herbert Walker Bush, published by Lipper. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jack Beatty Senior Editor Atlantic Monthly
- John Dacey President Massachusetts Found. for the Humanities->Board
- Kathleen M. Dalton Instructor Phillips Academy->History and Social Science
- David Harris Director Fair Housing Center of Boston
- Ellen Hume Founding Director University of Massachusetts, Boston->Center on Media and Society
- William Leahy President Boston University
- Tom Wicker Bureau Chief (Former) New York Times->Washington Bureau
More Videos From
The President and the PressMore Videos
Moral Character and the Presidency
This program is part of the “Presidents in Perspective” symposium at Boston College.
The President and His Enemies
In the program “U.S. Presidents in Perspective: The Shifting Fortunes of Presidential Reputations” a panel…
Book Discussion on Writing the Seige of Leningrad
Ms. Simmons and Ms. Perlina read excerpts from their book Writing the Siege of Leningrad, published by…
Book Discussion on The Nerve Center: White House Chiefs of Staff
Professor Sullivan talked about the book he edited, The Nerve Center: Lessons in Governing from the White House Chiefs…