Cellular Telephone Number Privacy
Witnesses testified before the committee about cellular telephone communications. They discussed signal availability, the potential… read more
Witnesses testified before the committee about cellular telephone communications. They discussed signal availability, the potential for directory assistance, problems with telemarketing calls, and competition between carriers. The witnesses responded to questions from members of the committee. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Patrick Cox Chief Executive Officer Osent Inc.
- Steve Largent President and CEO Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Assn.
- Kathleen Pierz Managing Partner Pierz Group
- Marc Rotenberg President and Executive Director Electronic Privacy Information Center
- Arlen Specter U.S. Senator [R] Pennsylvania
- Dennis Strigl President and CEO Verizon Communications
- George Allen U.S. Senator [R] Virginia
- Barbara Boxer U.S. Senator [D] California
- John Ensign U.S. Senator [R] Nevada
- John S. McCain III U.S. Senator [R] Arizona
- Ron Wyden U.S. Senator [D] Oregon
Protecting Telephone Call Records
A hearing was held titled, “Phone Records for Sale: Why Aren’t Phone Records Safe From Pretexting?”…
Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee held a hearing on providing various communications services to…
Cable and telephone industry officials testified about proposed changes to the 1996 Telecommunications Act. Among…
Digital Television Must-Carry and Multicasting
The Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee held a hearing on digital television. Witnesses…