Democratic senators held a hearing on the president’s plans to privatize Social Security and the fiscal future of the system. Panel… read more
Democratic senators held a hearing on the president’s plans to privatize Social Security and the fiscal future of the system.
Panel One: James Roosevelt, Jr., grandson of President Franklin D. Roosevelt; Kenneth Apfel, former Commissioner of the Social Security Administration; Douglas Holbrook, Vice President-Secretary/Treasure of AARP; Michael Tanner, Director of the “Project on Social Security Choice” at the CATO Institute; Peter Orszag, Brookings Institution.
Panel Two: Social Security Administration employees; Danielle Brian, Executive Director of the Project on Government Oversight (POGO). close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Kenneth Apfel Commissioner (Former) Social Security Administration
- Danielle Brian Executive Director Project on Government Oversight
- Mark Dayton U.S. Senator [D] Minnesota
- Byron L. Dorgan U.S. Senator [D] North Dakota
- Dianne Feinstein U.S. Senator [D] California
- Debbie Fredericksen Official Social Security Administration
- Douglas Holbrook Member AARP->Board of Directors
- Tim P. Johnson U.S. Senator [D] South Dakota
- Steve Kofahl Official Social Security Administration
- Frank R. Lautenberg U.S. Senator [D] New Jersey
- Barbara A. Mikulski U.S. Senator [D] Maryland
- Peter R. Orzag Senior Fellow Brookings Institution->Economic Studies
- Harry Reid U.S. Senator [D] Nevada
- James Roosevelt Jr. Grandchild Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Paul S. Sarbanes U.S. Senator [D] Maryland
- Michael D. Tanner Director Cato Institute->Project on Social Security Choice
- Ron Wyden U.S. Senator [D] Oregon