Privacy Issues at Libraries and Bookstores
Representative Bernie Sanders announced the reintroduction of the Freedom to Read Protection Act. The legislation was originally… read more
Representative Bernie Sanders announced the reintroduction of the Freedom to Read Protection Act. The legislation was originally introduced in 2003 to amend the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to exempt bookstores and libraries from orders requiring the production of records. He was joined by others petitioning for a repeal of those provision of the USA Patriot Act allowing law enforcement officials to review reading records of citizens. They also answered questions from members of the press. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Lynne Bradley Director American Library Association->Office of Government Relations
- Barbara Lee U.S. Representative [D] California
- Francine Prose Vice President PEN American Center
- Linda Ramsdell Owner Galaxy Bookshop (Hardwick, VT)
- Bernard "Bernie" Sanders U.S. Representative [I] Vermont
- Patricia S. Schroeder President and CEO Association of American Publishers
- Tom Udall U.S. Representative [D] New Mexico
Petition Against USA Patriot Act
In this press conference held in the U.S. Capitol, several organizations delivered petitions gathered through the…
The House will consider H.R. 2520 - Stem Cell Therapeutic and Research Act of 2005, H.R. 810 - Stem Cell Research…
The House considers HR 3199, Patriot Act reauthorization.